Bear Staffing is now hiring Production Supervisor in Medford, Oregon.
Pay: $65,000-$68,000 Annually
Must have flexibility in shift
After training will be working second or third shift.
• Supervise and monitor the daily operations to meet production and customers’ needs, including scheduling, materials, and staging of fruit.
• Approve and ensure adherence to production schedules.
• Supervise hourly employees’ performance related to hourly throughputs and quality and process checks, and coordinates their schedules, time approval, and vacation planning to ensure proper coverage.
• Measure plant production efficiencies and provide communication to supervisors and employees regarding plant performance.
• Prepare paperwork and review daily, weekly and monthly production and financial reports that focus on customer complaints, yield, labor, and throughputs.
• Provide leadership and supervision of plant hourly employees.
• Manage goals and objectives for staff.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of food processing experience.
• Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred.
• First Aid/CPR and Forklift training are preferred.
• SQF, Ammonia Fit, Food Safety, Sensory Evaluation, and/or HACCP training and certification are preferred.
• Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
• Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
• Understanding of associated processing and maintenance equipment and engineering.
• Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
• Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
• Principles and practices of inventory planning, production scheduling, production metrics, and production system variables, balancing, and optimizing.
• Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.Apply Now